Sunday, January 18, 2009

Shopping trip

Aunt Erin emailed me a few more recipes to try. They called for some ingredients that I don't have. Also, we were low on food, so I decided to get shopping.

Costco
A good place for bulk produce. Blueberries and blackberries must be in season because they are a great deal at Costco. Also, Costco sells Organic.

Trader Joes
Trader Joes has a lot of great health food for a reasonable price. They seem to carry almost everything that I need. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I had to ask where a lot of things were located. They surprised me by how much they carry.

Whole Foods
Whole Foods seems to have 4 different brands of every obscure food that I can't locate at any other store. They have the highest prices, so I go here if I can't find the product any where else (Nutritional yeast & Good Balance, for example)

Fresh & Easy
I haven't gone to this store yet, but I hear it has a good selection and reasonable prices

Farmers Market
I plan to start shopping at our local Farmers Market this spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment