Monday, January 12, 2009

Welcome to Eva's Veggie Kitchen

Welcome to Eva's Veggie Kitchen

So, why am I starting up a blog about veggie cooking? There are lots of reasons...
1. We really need to change our eating habits.
- Ryan is a picky eater. He'll only eat his warmed-up frozen vegetables if I cover them in ketchup. That can't be good.
- I need quick easy healthy dinner ideas for the kids.
- Ryan loves good food. He ate everything on his plate at "Natural Cafe" (very rare anywhere else)
2. Variety
- Ryan can't live off of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for lunch every day.
- We need to expose the kids to a variety of good healthy foods.
3. All I need is a blender, food processor, food dehydrater (got that packed away in the garage for years).
4. Chocolate (Cacao actually) is a super food, if prepared correctly (without the milk, refined sugar, etc.)
5. I browsed around and there are tons of ideas for preparing raw foods.
6. I'm ready for a challenge


Here are my goals for this blog...
1. I want to post at least 1 new Raw recipe a week. I expect to have quite a few at the beginning. As I lose steam and tapper off, I don't want to post less than 1 recipe a week.
2. I want to try new vegetarian recipes that the entire family will enjoy (big challenge with our picky eater).
3. I want this to evolve into a nice online cookbook with recipes organized by category (app, dinner, desert, etc.)

No comments:

Post a Comment